News Detail


May, 2020

CCSLL League Update-Please Read

Hi Softball Family,

The Copper City Softball board of directors would like to update everyone on the status of the 2020 season.  We would like to start by thanking everyone for your patience and understanding. We have put hours upon hours in trying to navigate this unprecedented pandemic. The safety of our players, volunteers, families, and community is our top priority. We have met with members of our local health department, district little league officials, board members from other little leagues around the state, and area health care providers to make the most informed decisions.

We have taken all the information we have received and, as a board, made the decision to continue to plan for the 2020 softball season. However, that does not mean that we will be getting on the field right away. We will continue to suspend all activity until phase 2 is in effect. During the current phase 1, the only activity that is allowed would be practice. Multiple guidelines have been established by state and local officials for practices to be able to take place, which we have studied in detail. In addition, we have looked beyond the requirements for practicing to ensure that we can transition into games, which also requires numerous guidelines to be followed on the state and local level. In short, there are multiple guidelines and requirements that must be followed for any of this to happen. We can promise everyone that we are working tirelessly to ensure that we will be able to not only meet the requirements but exceed them. To give everyone an idea of what we are working on, we have included a copy of our safety plan that we will submit to the health department. What we want you to know is that we are not taking these decisions lightly and we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of everyone involved in the league.

Currently, we feel that the safest and most responsible thing to do is to wait until phase 2 is in effect. This will give use time to ensure our safety plan is complete, coaches and volunteers receive necessary training and information, sanitation products can be secured, and players and parents can make the most informed decision regarding participation. The plan is to have everything in place and to be able to “hit the ground running” on June 1st. At that time, we will have 1-week of practice and a 4-week season. If phase 2 is not in effect by June 1st, the season will be suspended. At that time, all registered players will receive a refund (unfortunately we cannot refund the $3 processing fee that was incurred). If phase 2 occur after June 1st, we hope to play an adjusted “season” at the end of June or in July. We will reopen registration (at a discounted price) and play a shortened season for those interested.

At this time, we are asking that you notify us if you do not wish to play this season and a refund will be issued. Please send an email notification to [email protected] by May 24th. In addition, we will continue to keep registration open until May 24th.

Please understand that we do not know what the future holds at this time, but we are doing everything we can. We hope more than anyone that we will all be back on the fields soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. We can be reached by email or any of the board members would be happy to talk with you.

Click here for the CCSLL Safety Plan.  

Copper City Softball Board of Directors

Local Sponsors